15:52:23 -0400, subject "Re: To ignorant(?) Jew-baiter #1
on Free Palestine list":

 >Rolf:
 >I have to disagree. Zionism could be labeled a 20 century
 >adaptation to Judaism. To label it a political movement
 >would be to imply that there is essentially rational con-
 >siderations driving the policies of the state of Israel
 >(that is to say, that what drives Israeli 'foreign policy'
 >relates primarily to imperialist ambitions).
 >David O. Q.

I can only repeat what I wrote to Jew-baiter #1, that
people who write such things as you do either are agents
of Zionism engaging in that old standard trick of such of
trying to discredit support for the just cause of Free
Palestine by equating it with *anti-Semitism* (Jew-baiting)
or else, possibly, in fact are just as utterly ignorant of
some very basic facts as they make out to be.

Can there be such animals in Canada (too)?

You're adding yourself to the group of these writers, to
the Free Palestine list (in case you people[?] in fact are
different people and not the products of one and the same
person, for instance, which seems to be one possibility
too - the others are all US-based and perhaps someone
there could also get a Canadian account?):

#1:     "HnsomDevil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

#2:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, who signs himself sometimes
        as "Michael Von Shearer" (yes, actually, with a
        capital "V" like that) and somentimes as just "m",

#3:     "amnehtt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and

#4:     "bob luce" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

An interesting group(?) of writers. I suggest that others
keep an eye on stuff coming from them/you in the future
too, and watch out for possible traps in it.

It cannot hurt to repeat one more time, I suppose, in case
ignorance *is* the problem in your case, that which I cal-
led "Some flowers-and-bees stuff on 'Israel', on Zionism
and on anti-Semitism". Follows below here.

Rolf M.
Malmö, Sweden

SOME FLOWERS-AND-BEES STUFF ON "ISRAEL", ON
ZIONISM AND ON ANTI-SEMITISM

Here are the quotes I promised you [Jew-baiter #1], with
information which I think is bery basic and relevant in
this context and whose correctness you will be able to
check on in various ways:

[QUOTE, from a 1 May leaflet of mine, posted in translation
01.05.2002 and later to the Free Palestine as 'UNITE! Info
#171en: "Rich" countries and "Israel"':]

        1. WHY "ISRAEL" WAS CREATED, AND WHY IT'S STILL
        SO IMPORTANT FOR ALL IMPERIALISTS TO SUPPORT
        IT TO THE VERY LAST

        The racist state of "Israel", which now occupies Pa-
        lestine, was created, in 1948, by a joint action of
        the governments of all the "rich" states in the world,
        in order to function as a military bastion of theirs,
        in the strategically important region of the Middle
        East, for the continued oppression and continued ex-
        treme exploitation of all the poorer countries.

        The very "point" of that "state" from the begining on
        was for it to constantly engage in aggression and
        terror, not only against the vast majority of the
        original inhabitants of Palestine but against all
        other peoples in that region too. It was intended to
        function as a killer instrument of the imperialists',
        a particular scourge of theirs against the 200 mil-
        lion Arabic-speaking people who live in or close to
        the Middle East, a mad dog to perpetrate aggressive
        war after aggressive war.

        This is what this very particular kind of state has
        done too, earlier above all in 1948, 1956, 1967 and
        1982. And this is what it's once more doing today, in
        early/mid-2002. Against the atrocities perpetrated by
        it now, people are protesting everywhere.

        The imperialists with all their propaganda resources
        are continuing to say what they have said in the last
        50 years and more, that "Israel" was created in order
        "to offer protection for" believers in the Jewish
        faith from that racist persecution which they have
        been subjected to since centuries back and still are
        being subjected to in many countries, and in particu-
        lar from such genocide against them as was perpetra-
        ted by the Nazis during World War II.

        This is another of the big lies of the imperialists.
        The rulers of the "rich" countries in reality never
        were against racist persecution, nor against genocide.
        On the contrary, both of these things are an integral
        part of the present social "order" in the world, that
        of capitalism "developed into" imperialism.

[END OF QUOTE]

[QUOTE, from Sami, "eWilderness" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, pos-
ting to Free Palestine list Fri, 21 Jun 2002 06:31:01 -0700,
subject "Re: PIC reports fake pro-Zionist e-mails":]

        I agree with Rolf.

        Despite clear textual racist and adversarial incite-
        ment embodied in "holy books," we MUST methodically
        exclude specific faiths--or intellectually pathologi-
        cal perception thereof--from the political formulas.

        Not doing so leads us directly or indirectly into
        sectarianism, and thus a vicious circle is perpetua-
        ted.

        We must be the ones who stop this ever-growing all-
        consuming vicious sectarian circle by focusing on po-
        litics and not religion.

        eWilderness

[END OF QUOTE]

[QUOTE, from posting to the Free Palestine list by nicho-
lasd108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, reproducing an article by
Nicole Solomon, on Sun, 23 Jun 2002 22:12:24 -0000, subject
"Fwd: Co-opting Solidarity: Privilege in the Palestine Soli-
darity Movement"; the whole article said to be on the website
http://www.onwardnewspaper.org/archives/2-2002/solomon.html:]

        For instance, anti-Semitic propaganda by the "left"
        creates an unsafe environment for Jewish radicals.
        Where do white goy activists in the United States, at
        a distinct racial/ethnic privilege over Jews and with
        no understanding of the worldwide historical legacy of
        anti-Jewish oppression, get off burning a star of
        David, a traditional symbol of Judaism and Jewish
        people, as occurred on April 22? What does that mean
        to them? What does it mean to the media, the cops,
        their fellow white goy protesters? Their fellow Arab
        and Muslim protesters? Their fellow Jewish protes-
        ters?

        Anti-Semitism can and will be exploited by pro-occupa-
        tion forces. Anti-Semitic or anti-Jewish statements
        play into the hands of Zionists, who rely on keeping
        the lines between the state of Israel, current Israeli
        policy, Judaism and Zionism as hazy as possible. It is
        crucial for us to keep the distinctions between them
        clear. A statement by Jews Against The Occupation
        points out that "Judaism, a cultural and religious
        identity, is not the same as Zionism, a political
        movement. Criticisms of the state of Israel or the
        idea of a Jewish state, whether put forth by Jews or
        non-Jews, do not constitute anti-Semitism. Equating
        Judaism and Zionism serves the Zionist agenda by pas-
        sing off all criticisms of the Israeli State as "anti-
        Jewish." White goyim who attempt to pass off anti-
        Jewish statements as merely critiques of Israel also
        contribute to this dynamic.

[END OF QUOTE]