US president vows to use all tools to remove Saddam Hussein

Xinhuanet 2002-07-09 06:13:44

  WASHINGTON, July 8 (Xinhuanet) -- US President George W. Bush on Monday vowed to use "all tools" at his disposal to remove Iraqi President Saddam Hussein from power.

  "It is the stated policy of this government to have regime change," Bush said at a press conference in the White House, noting that people should not speculate on the administration's resolve to pursue such a goal.

  "We will use all tools at our disposal to do so," Bush said. "There are different ways to do it," he added.

  The US president refused to comment on a report by The New YorkTimes last week that the US military has worked out a preliminary plan on a massive invasion of Iraq.

  He also dodged a question whether he sought the removal of Saddam before the end of his four-year term as US president. Enditem