-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 24 September 2002 14:34
To: Knight, Jonathan
Subject: FCO Website Update: COMMONS DEBATE ON IRAQ

This email is to advise you that an article matching one of your interests has been
published on the FCO website:

COMMONS DEBATE ON IRAQ
The Foreign Secretary, Jack Straw, opened the parliamentary debate on Iraq in the
House of Commons on 24 September 2002.  Mr Straw addressed four key questions in his
opening speech: first, is the Iraqi regime the threat we say it is?  Second, are there
other countries which have developed equally dangerous arsenals of weapons of mass
destruction? Third, is the international community guilty of double standards?  And
fourth, even if Iraq is the danger we claim, is the threat of force or its use
justified?  Mr Straw said: 'the choice is Saddam's.  He has flouted international law,
he does pose a serious and significant threat to the region and beyond, yet this
threat can be resolved without force, by full disarmament verified by the inspectors.'

To view the article in full, visit the page below:
http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029391629&a=KArticle&aid=1032857355209

Kind regards,
FCO Webmaster

To unsubscribe from this service, visit the page below:
http://www.fco.gov.uk/subscribe