Some things to keep in mind about Srebrenica:
1) The story of the French-connection with respect to Srebrenica is old. Remember that after the NATO aggression Yugoslav forces arrested four members of the "Spider" group, which was a group of French foreign legionaires of Yugoslav origin that had been active for the Quai D'Orsay in Algeria (staging massacres that were blamed on Islamists), in Congo (defending the Mobutu regime), in Srebrenica (staging another massacre), and in attempts to eliminate KLA commander Remi in Kosovo (who for one reason or another is a thorn in NATO's side, as witnessed by his recent arrest by KFOR). These men, including Yugoslav Petrusic where tried and convicted in Yugoslav courts for their responsibility in all these crimes, but especially for their involvement in Srebrenica. These operatives where later freed by the DOS regime and haven't been seen or heard of since...
2) It's important to also remember the 7500 page report on Srebrenica compiled by the Dutch government, which concluded that there was NO EVIDENCE linking Milosevic to the events at Srebrenica.
3) The claim contained in the UN Report on Srebrenica and made by ARBiH fighters who where in the enclave, stating that Clinton - as early as 1993 - had proposed that if 5,000 people died in Srebrenica this would secure Western/NATO intervention.
4) There is also the claim by Nesib Buric and Hakija Meholic (the Islamist chief of police for Srebrenica during the war) that 2,000 fighters where killed in Srebrenica while defending the enclave.
5) A recent Bosnian Serb report, that puts the figure of dead at 2000-2500, claiming that most where fighters.
6) Albrights testimony to the UN Security Council, shortly after the fall of Srebrenica, where she claimed that 3000 "men and boys" where executed (this number reapears in the indictment against Krstic and Erdemovic).
7) The fact that Milosevic personally intervened and saved 800 Bosnian Muslim men from the enclave who crossed the Drina River into Yugoslavia demanding protection from Milosevic!!! These men where handed over to the Red Cross in Hungary - so that from there they could choose whether or not they wanted to return to Bosnia.
8) So far the only person that admitted any wrongdoing in the massacre was Drazen Erdemovic, a Croat, who was convicted by the ICTY on a light-sentence, and who had served on all three sides of the conflict during the Bosnian war (i.e. on obvious intelligence operative for a foreign power).
9) Claims that came out in the Israeli press at the time, that weapons where being funneled to Bosnian Serb units in 1995 by some private individuals from the country (pro-American elements of the Israeli defence establishment had already been selling weapons to Croatia since 1991, despite the neo-fascist government in power in Zagreb. This was revealed in the Croatian press at the time).
10) The open split between the Bosnian Serb leadership and Belgrade since 1993, which meant that Milosevic was imposing sanctions on Pale for almost the entire war.
All this suggests that Western intelligence agencies and operatives had a lot more operational control over the forces involved in Srebrenica (especially the unit that is most implicated in the massacre, a unit that included Erdemovic as well as the Spider Group) than anyone in either the leadership of FR Yugoslavia or the Republic of Srpska.
In a message dated 9/28/02 9:38:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Subj:[anti-imperialiste] Milosevic Says Srebrenica Was a Plot to Frame the Serbs [WWW.STOPNATO.ORG.UK]
Date:9/28/02 9:38:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Sent from the Internet
September 28, 2002
Milosevic Says Srebrenica Was a Plot to Frame the Serbs
By MARLISE SIMONS
HE HAGUE, Sept. 27 - Slobodan Milosevic presented in court today a new
version of his long-held theory that the destruction of Yugoslavia was a
It was a novel explanation of the unfolding of the massacre at
Srebrenica, the worst bloodbath in Europe since World War II.
As many as 7,000 unarmed Muslim men and boys were killed in the Muslim
enclave of Srebrenica in July 1995. All the evidence points to the
Bosnian Serb army, the Serbian police and their paramilitary helpers as
But Mr. Milosevic, the leader of Serbia at the time, said the people
really responsible for the mass killings were French intelligence
operatives, Muslim officials from Bosnia and mercenaries.
The "insane" Srebrenica massacre, he said, was a plot to frame the Serbs
by making it seem as if they had committed genocide. This belief would
inspire the world to loathe the Serbs and would give the West a pretext
for military intervention, Mr. Milosevic said. "Ask Jacques Chirac about
Srebrenica," he said, referring to the French president.
Western officials who have dealt with Mr. Milosevic have often said that
the Serbian leader was capable of generating extraordinary conspiracy
theories. A number of them have rung through the sober courtroom in The
But Mr. Milosevic's theory on the Srebrenica massacre is not likely to
be of much assistance to him.
Prosecutors are likely to have little difficulty refuting the theory
because the tribunal has already made an exhaustive study of the
massacre, which occurred after Bosnian Serb troops and the Serbian
police overran the enclave, then under the protection of a few hundred
United Nations peacekeepers.
The evidence against the Serbs includes exhaustive documentation,
telephone intercepts, eyewitness accounts, military records, mass graves
and forensic studies.
Last year, the tribunal convicted Radislav Krstic, a Bosnian Serb
general, of genocide for his role at Srebrenica and sent him to prison
for 46 years. The massacre now forms part of the case against Mr.
Milosevic and features prominently among the array of war crimes charges
against him, including genocide.
Mr. Milosevic presented his Srebrenica arguments this morning while
speaking at the opening of the second phase of his trial, which deals
with the wars in Bosnia and Croatia. Since it began in February, the
trial has dealt only with charges arising from the Kosovo crisis of 1998
Because Mr. Milosevic acts as his own lawyer, he was given three hours
to respond to the prosecution. As is often the case, he took about twice
as long as the prosecutors. As usual, Mr. Milosevic did not defend
himself in a legal sense but launched a political counteroffensive.
Prosecutors on Thursday charged that Mr. Milosevic was responsible for
enormous bloodshed with his plan to drive non-Serbs from Serb-inhabited
areas in Bosnia and Croatia and eventually create an enlarged state for
Mr. Milosevic responded with video tapes and descriptions of Serbs being
persecuted in Bosnia and Croatia, blaming the "fascist Croats" and
"fundamentalist Muslims" for killing Serbs. Moreover, he said, the
United States, Germany, the Vatican and others had caused the fighting
because they had wanted to break up Yugoslavia.
At important moments in the trial, such as this week, Mr. Milosevic
appears to speak beyond the courtroom to his imagined audience at home,
which can follow the proceedings via television.
"The policy of Serbia was directed toward peace and to support Serbs in
their hardship," he said. About the massacre at Srebrenica, which Serbs
now know about, he said: "I want the truth to be revealed for this
Mr. Milosevic' version of the truth, as he described it in court, was
that the massacre plot was hatched just days before the event at a
meeting with two Muslim government officials from Sarajevo, Gen. Bernard
Janvier of France, the United Nations force commander at the time, and a
mercenary who headed a paramilitary gang and who worked for French
Mr. Milosevic suggested they made a deal to surrender Srebrenica to the
Serbs and paid the local Muslim military leader who withdrew his men. It
was the paramilitaries who carried out the slaughter in order to cast
the Serbs in a bad light, Mr. Milosevic said.
Mr. Milosevic added that the same paramilitary unit later traveled to
Zaire, to protect the president there.
--------------------------- ANTI-NATO INFORMATION LIST
==^================================================================ This email was sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org EASY UNSUBSCRIBE click here: http://topica.com/u/?a84x2u.bacIlu Or send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] T O P I C A -- Register now to manage your mail! http://www.topica.com/partner/tag02/register ==^================================================================