[Perhaps the above title will get this essay past the censors, whoever
they are. I've sent this twice before, with its real title, and it goes
into the black hole - while all other posts travel without any problems.
It's wartime; someone is listening.]

Well, here we are, the war is on the doorstep.

Soon enough, here in the US, a lot of mainstream anti-war voices will be
saying things like: 'While we support our troops, there is nothing more
frightening than the notion of going to war with Iraq and the prospect
of all the innocent lives that will be lost.'

Sound familiar? Those were the words of Natalie Maines from the Dixie
Chicks last week.

It was an anti-war report ProletarianNews ignored -- and, let me tell
you, ProletarianNews runs (OK, steals) almost all of them.

The mention of 'supporting our troops' tipped me off right away: this
'anti-war' person will crumble like a cookie the instant things get hot.

Sure enough and soon enough, Natalie Maines is kissing Bush's butt: 'As
a concerned American citizen, I apologize to President Bush because my
remark was disrespectful.'*

* Not that the craven capitulation has earned them any respect: 'Using a
33,000-pound tractor to obliterate compact discs and other items, a few
hundred protesters, referring to themselves as backers of President
George W. Bush and Barksdale Air Force Base, lashed back at lead singer
Natalie Maines' in Louisiana (AP, 18 March).

The moral of the story: One cannot oppose the war AND support the
troops.

The troops are HIRED KILLERS, they are the instruments of war itself.
They are the most ardent supporters of the President. They weren't
drafted, they signed up. To kill and destroy, that's their job.

Sure, it could be said that they're just a bunch of dumb ass
lumpenproles who 'only joined up because the job market is bad.' And the
same could be said of every fuckin' Nazi! -- more so, the German economy
was far worse during the Depression.

And, everyone in the US who 'opposes the war' while 'supporting the
troops' should get a clue: Hogan's Heroes. That's where the country is
heading.

That old US myth about all the Germans rallying behind Hitler
(acknowledging German communist resistance to Nazism was such bad
ideology, after all) is about to come crashing back on the US. Some day
the world will ask: Where were you?

Were you 'opposing the war' while 'supporting the troops'? What does
THAT mean? Ask Natalie Maines what that means -- after she removes her
mouth from Bush's ass.

Fuck the troops!

See ya all at the ICC!

Barry Stoller, ed. ProletarianNews