I am a beginner at Antlr, but I am very excited to use it to translate
barcode label printer formats.

Many of the label printer data formats include counted strings:  a field in
the header of an input line gives the length of a following data field
(which may contain the regular line separator characters as data.)
This gives them a simple form of data transparency.

Could someone point me in the direction of how to write a parsing rule for
this situation?  My quick review of the Definitive Guide and the web site
have missed it.
Or is this not in the scope of LL(*) parsers? (That would be sad.)

Thanks,
Mark Woodworth
mwoodwo...@numinagroup.com

Unsubscribe: