I have a mountain of code in TCL, and I am thinking of rewriting some of it
in C.

In a C module I have a function that is registered to an URL. Like I said,
I have a bunch of TCL code that I would like to be able to use until (if
ever) it gets rewritten.

I see that I can execute TCL code and get a string back via Ns_TclEval().
It seems to work, but my first attempt, foolishly, was to use a utility TCL
proc that returns a db handle. I can execute it, and I get the string that
represents the name of the handle, but that's not exactly the same as a C
Ns_DbHandle.

Is there any way to share stuff like db handles back and forth like that?

I saw some functions for sharing an Ns_Set, but that's about it.

I would appreciate any pointers for this kind of thing... I am just getting
started.

Thanks,

Ian