I don't think it's an OS problem, I think it was an SSL looping problem.
It's fixed in my latest alpha, but I'm going to be extremely busy between
now and the 21st on a project here at work, so I won't be doing an official
release until after that.

The alpha copy is attached; it's essentially production-ready (I'm sending
a copy directly to you as the listserv will strip the attachment -- if
anyone else wants this copy, let me know).

Test with this and tell me if it fixes the problem you're experiencing.

/s.

> Is anyone else using nsopenssl on NetBSD?  I have a wierd problem that I
think is OS specific.  The client receives the first 16K of data, and
nothing more.  Usually.  Sometimes repeatedly hitting Reload will result in
the whole page coming over.

> It happens with nsopenssl 1.0 and 2.0
> It happens with database served pages (nspostgres) and static text files
> It happens on the LAN and across the internet.
> It happens on the local machine.
> It happens with aolserver 3.4 and 3.4.2
> It happens with Internet Exploiter 5.5 and Netscape (unknown version,
it's at home)
> It happens on Windows clients and NetBSD clients and Linux clients.
>
> NetBSD is 1.5.2 on i386.
>
> I thought nsopenssl was closing the connection too soon but it appears
not to be.

> I did some squirrely things when compiling openssl to get it to work, for
example compiling it with -threads -D_REENTRANT.  NetBSD does not support
threads natively and I didn't tell openssl anything else about threads, so
I don't know what this did, but it did let me get nsopenssl up and seeming
to work. nsopenssl was compiled like aolserver, with PTL (Portable Thread
Library) .