Hi.

I've just read some text about Ulrich Drepper's new implementation of
posix threads on Linux. It's not stable, but still did anyone test it? I
read it can start and stop 100k threads in 2 seconds on an x86 box.

It requires 2.5.36 kernel, glibc 2.3 beta and gcc 3.2, so I can't test
it on any of my boxes - don't have a testing machine at the moment and I
don't want to make my laptop too unstable...

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried AOLserver on it, if it runs,
causes problems and/or SEGV.

Also I'm wondering if it will speed things up on higher loads - does
AOLserver 3.x rotate threads after some requests? Wouldn't make too much
sense to me. Also, how often does AOLserver begin new threads?

--
WK
(written at Stardate 56728.4)

"Data typing is an illusion. Everything is a sequence of bytes."
                                                              -Todd Coram