On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 09:41:27PM -0500, Seena Kasmai wrote:
> With 2.3.3 we use ACS and we use Oracle. Everything in the application seems

> We sort of have our own version of ACS (we have added/modified it), given
> it's functioning with 3.3.1, is it possible to upgrade to 3.5.1 w/ TCL 8.4 ?

Seena, since your email address is @away.com, I figured you must be
using some flavor of ACS.  But, exactly which version of the ACS was
your software based on originally?  3.4, 3.2, maybe even 2.x?  And
have you ever upgraded to or backported from newer ACS versions?

I don't recall when the internationalization stuff went into ACS.  The
safe bet is to to stick to the same versions of AOLserver that are ok
for OpenACS.  However, the fact that you were using AOLserver 2.3.3
until recently probably means that your ACS version is compatible with
ANY AOLserver 3.x version, as long as you have your Oracle driver and
any other loadable modules you need compiled for it.

The other people here are right though, there's no way what massive
memory usage problems you're seeing are do to an AOLserver or Tcl bug.
It's been a long time now, but I don't think any of the leak problems
fixed over time in 3.x were EVER that big, not even with 3.0 before
Rob Mayoff made any of his fixes at all.  Instead, sounds like
something in your application is tripping over some AOLserver 2.3
vs. 3.3 difference.

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.piskorski.com