On Wednesday, March 26, 2003, at 10:15 PM, paul cannon wrote:

So http://aolserver.com/docs/devel/tcl/api/db.html is at best
misleading:

"ns_db releasehandle puts the handle back in the pool. When your
operation has finished running, the server will automatically return
any handles to their pools, so you don't normally have to call this
function."

I may have misunderstood the meaning of "operation".

No, I think you have it right. I never noticed this, and I just checked and it was in the 2.x docs. That'll teach me not to read the docs carefully enough.

In my opinion, it's a bug. You should file it in SourceForge.

At this point, I think my superstition about not trusting AOLserver to
clean up the handles is probably still appropriate.