On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Dossy wrote:

> > 2: full emulation of mod_rewrite and .htaccess files
>
> I know this isn't what you want to hear, but ... if you want Apache,
> then run Apache.  :-)

I'm in strong agreement.  There's a lot in .htaccess that's fundamental
Apache architecture (AddHandler in a .htaccess file, for example -- that
just won't work with AOLserver as it stands, and the changes would go a
long way toward turning it into Apache).  Now, if all you really want is
perms stuff, that's more manageable, but still requires a new perms module
in AOLserver.  mod_rewrite I imagine could be done, but could probably be
done as easily in a filter.