In a message dated 2/7/04 12:02:17 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Date:    Fri, 6 Feb 2004 19:14:48 -0500
From:    Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: tomcat aolserver redirector

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 03:44:02PM -0700, Nathaniel H wrote:
> I'm looking for an AOLserver to tomcat redirector.  What I'm trying to do
> is return content from tomcat through aolserver.  I'm using charting
> software that runs as a servlet under tomcat.  It would be great if I did
> not have to expose port 8080 for tomcat and instead could deliver
> everything through 80 or 443 (aolserver's ports).

Sounds like either the nsjk2 module listed here would do what you
want:

  http://panoptic.com/wiki/aolserver/115

I'm not sure where you'd get the nsjk2 code though.  Here are some
more links that look relevent:

  http://empoweringminds.mle.ie/openacs/aolserver_modules
  http://www.faqchest.com/prgm/tomcat-l/tmct-03/tmct-0304/tmct-030467/tmct03042109_13397.html
  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/aolserver/

The first link above says, "The [nsjk2] source code has been submitted
to the Jakarta Community for acceptance into the Jakarta core. [...]
Completely replaces nstomcat. Tested with Linux and Solaris."

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.piskorski.com/

Hello,

Turns out at AOL we've been working on a high-quality, high-performance update to the Tomcat nsjk2 module and will be contributing it to the opensource community shortly (jakarta and/or aolserver). The connector focuses on the in-process model for good performance and to allow calls from Java into Tcl to maximize leverage of our existing investment in ADP/Tcl.  Stay tuned -- we'll post details on our plans by end of next week.

Thanks,
-Jim
2">