Right now you have two choices that I'm aware of: run AOLserver, or
replicate whatever part of its Tcl API you need to test with. For
example, I have several access control procs that work with IP
addresses, usernames and so on. I want regression tests on these to be
run after any changes to the server or our codebase to ensure the ACL
code is still working the way we expect against a known data set. To do
this I can create a straight Tcl version of ns_conn that simply returns
the test info I tell it to. I can then source this fake ns_conn and my
ACL .tcl file, then make calls to my ACL procs and validate the
results. Trying to perform this test with the running server is
actually more difficult because ns_conn is going to return the real
information. There are ways to get around this for testing purposes,
but the hurdle gets higher as you want more tests against more parts of
your code.

To test ns_httpget you could take the http.tcl file, recreate any
ns_sock*, ns_config and other AOLserver procs in Tcl, then use these to
run your tests against in straight Tcl.

/s.