On 2004.07.23, Bas Scheffers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dossy Shiobara said:
> > I haven't tested with the commercial MSVC++ 6.0, only the new Microsoft
> > Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 compiler.
>
> So it really is free (as in money wise), I didn't realise! That's good
> enough then, if they ever stop handing it out for free, there is always
> the possibility to switch.

Yes, it's free (as in beer) as opposed to RMS's free (as in freedom).

Given the choice between beer and freedom, it's a tough decision ... :-)

> I recall a time when Watcom was considered THE C compiler for DOS/Windows.
> Not anymore, I guess.

Proof that Sybase can destroy even the best of products.  Sigh.

> That said, using Watcom, you could make it work on OS/2 Warp and
> Novell Netware! ;-)

True.  Find someone who will commit to running a production webserver on
either of those two platforms, and we'll talk.  :-)

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]