Hi all!

Is there any way to get the oid or any other row identifier from a database insert with ns_db on Postgres? Say for example I have the following table:

CREATE TABLE test (
test_column int
) ;

And then I do an insert with aolserver, along the lines of:

ns_db dml $db "INSERT INTO test (test_column) SELECT COALESCE(MAX(test_column),0) + 1 FROM test"

Because I don't know the value of test_column that I just entered, I don't have any way to continue working with that entry. Is there some trick to getting either the entry's oid or the value of test_column back into the current TCL workspace?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Scott