Ah I see. Well, the make seems to have worked fine via the Makefile shim, other than the #! line and mode.

Alternatively, there could just be a dummy Makefile that outputs some help.

Now I'm working on compiling nsoracle under macosx with oracle 10g - some tweaking to the included libraries is needed.

On 10/18/06, Dossy Shiobara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2006.10.18, Mark Aufflick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just did an install of aolserver 4.5 from the tarball on sf.net and
> had to do the following to allow the configure/make/make install cycle
> work:
>
> chmod a+x utils/*
> added #!/usr/bin/tclsh to the top of utils/*.tcl files
>
> Is this expected? I guess the makefile or configure process should be
> doing these steps.

As an experiment, the build process for AOLserver 4.5.0 changed
slightly.  See the README:

|| 3c.     Configure, build, and install AOLserver.  The build process
||         requires a working, installed Tcl, and supports Unix and
||         Windows with the same makefiles and a few supporting Tcl
||         scripts.  The following should work:
||         Windows:
||         c:\aolserver\srcdir> c:\aolserver\bin\tclsh84.exe nsconfig.tcl
||         c:\aolserver\srcdir> nmake install
||         Unix:
||         % /usr/local/aolserver/bin/tclsh84 ./nsconfig.tcl
||         % gmake install

This was an attempt to rationalize the build process for Win32 and
Unix-like systems ... thinking that if they shared the same build
machinery, they would stay in sync.

However, I think we can still have the old Unix-style "configure; make"
continue to work as it did before.  But, for now, if you follow what's
in the README, it should work out-of-the-box.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara              | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://dossy.org/
Panoptic Computer Network   | http://panoptic.com/

To Remove yourself from this list, simply send an email to <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > with the
body of "SIGNOFF AOLSERVER" in the email message. You can leave the Subject: field of your email blank.

--
Mark Aufflick
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- AOLserver - http://www.aolserver.com/