Well it isn't clear to me what you are doing exactly. Are you sending an
entire request that is encoded in unicode, or just a piece of data? What
encoding is the request in? I think you can configure AOLserver to adjust
this, but I don't think you can switch encodings mid-stream. If the posted
data is what is encoded, then you can write it to a file and create a reader
to urldecode it.

But the first thing is to explain how the data arrives at the AOLserver port.

Otherwise, if you don't need unicode, change the javascript function so that
you don't have to deal with it. At the very least, maybe switch to utf-8
before dealing with the AOLserver side.

tom jackson