aolserver 4.0.10 , compressed contents are not browsable in any browser except firefox ..
Is this the case with others  ?

Aolserver 4.5.0 seems fine in all browsers, i checked opera 9+ , Konqueror , Firefox 1.5 and 2, IE 7&6

Derek wrote:
works for me too on 4.5.

since it only compresses adp files when specified server-wide, i wrote a filter based on daniel stasinski's earlier message to automatically gzip static requests (if not already) and serve them. working without a problem.

thanks everybody for the help.

Quoting aT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Thanks everyone , specially Vlad , gzip seems to be working fine on both
aolserver 4.0.10 and aolserver 4.5.0 here are my finding which might help
others.

Aolserver 4.0.10
ns_section ns/server/myserver/adp/compress
ns_param enable true
ns_param minsize 1024

and put "ns_adp_compress 1 "before sending out any adp . I put
"ns_adp_compress 1" the first line in my adp files and it seems to be
working fine .

Aolserver 4.5.0
ns_section ns/server/myserver/adp
ns_param gzip on

ns_section ns/server/myserver
ns_param gzip on
ns_param gzipmin 4096

Yes i checked it has to be on both sections to change the minimum size . I
also had to configure aolserver with a zlib library  greater than 1.2 (
thanks Dossy for this tip )  using  --with-zlib=/new/zliblocation

To Remove yourself from this list, simply send an email to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> with the body of "SIGNOFF AOLSERVER" in the email message. You can leave the Subject: field of your email blank.

--
Syed Atif Ali
D. +971 4 3911914