I tried a couple more things.  I re-defined _ns_http_puts with the original 
definition and everything worked fine.  This got me curious so I ran [info body 
_ns_http_puts] (in a new interpreter where I hadn’t redefined the proc) and of 
course I got “ƒÄ,¶——“.

A workaround is obvious, but the mystery remains as to how the proc got 
redefined with the gobbledygook in the first place.  It might not be 
ns_sockselect after all, though I was able to narrow it down to that in the 
4.0.10 case.  It must happen before my custom libraries are processed or else 
my redefinition wouldn’t fix the problem.

Titi Ala'ilima
Lead Architect
MedTouch LLC
1100 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138
617.621.8670 x309

AOLserver - http://www.aolserver.com/

To Remove yourself from this list, simply send an email to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
with the
body of "SIGNOFF AOLSERVER" in the email message. You can leave the Subject: 
field of your email blank.

Reply via email to