Apologies in advance for posting with no research... was just checking email before running out the door and found an error report from the client I upgraded over the weekend. When I get back I will employ The Google and look at the code and all that, but I wanted to toss this out to see if anyone knew the answer. This is in the proprietary CMS code that I didn't write, so it's possible they are doing something that no-one has run into before.

bad variable name "af_to_sql(form_name__publish_date)": upvar won't create a scalar variable that looks like an array element
   while executing
"global $name"
   (procedure "ad_form" line 308)
   invoked from within
"ad_form -extend -name form_name -form {
<big snip>

---
Janine Sisk
President/CEO of furfly, LLC