From: AOLserver Discussion [mailto:aolser...@listserv.aol.com] On Behalf Of
Tom Jackson
Sent: 10 September 2009 6:18 PM
To: AOLSERVER@listserv.aol.com
Subject: Re: [AOLSERVER] ns_odbc on Win32

Hopefully someone with a windows setup will take this up, or maybe a
new module can be added without the need to merge with the old
version. ODBC on windows is potentially much more useful than on *nix
since everything it seems can be an ODBC datasource.

Updating AOLserver to include a more complete ODBC/SQL CLI adapter
would be a good long term goal for this community, the only real issue
is that the current ns_db API works so well, or is easy enough to
adapt to, it is not easy to justify the pain for the marginal gain.

tom jackson

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:38 AM, Scott Goodwin<sc...@scottg.net> wrote:
> Joe did this work during last year's Tcl conference when he couldn't get
> ns_odbc to compile on his Windows laptop so he could use it during a
> tutorial. I'm certain he based the changes on the version of ns_odbc in
CVS

Subject: