There is a configuration setting which saves posted files to disk.
You need the ns_limits maxupload to be large enough, then maxinput
(not sure which config section) sets an upper limit for in memory
data.

This gets decided in driver.c, around line 1892:
1891     max = connPtr->roff + connPtr->contentLength + 2;
1892     if (max < connPtr->drvPtr->maxinput) {
1893         /*
1894          * Content will fit at end of request buffer.
1895          */
1899     } else {
1900         /*
1901          * Content must overflow to a temp file.
1902          */
1903
1904         connPtr->flags |= NS_CONN_FILECONTENT;
1905         connPtr->tfd = Ns_GetTemp();
1906         if (connPtr->tfd < 0) {
1907             return E_FDAGAIN;
1908         }

tom jackson