I'm moving some sites onto an Amazon EC2 instance, which has only one IP
address, so I'm using nginx to make this work.  The websites (both Apache and
AOLserver) are running on various internal ports.  The site I'm having trouble
with is running on http://localhost:8082 internally, and on
http://shared.furfly.net to everyone coming in through nginx.

My problem is the value returned by [ns_conn location], which is
http://shared.furfly.net:8082.  This is partially correct;  I told the site
it's hostname is shared.furfly.net and it seems to be ok with that.  But I
can't get away with telling it that it's running on port 80, and [ns_conn
location] seems to be returning whatever's in the config file.  What I want, of
course, is just http://shared.furfly.net.

Is there some way to set this up so it returns the desired value, even though
from AOLserver's point of view that's not exactly correct?

thanks,

janine

---
Janine Ohmer (formerly Sisk)