The code that each connection thread runs to service a connection is wrapped
within a while loop that starts at whatever you set ns/threads -> maxconns to
and counts down to zero. When it reaches 0, a connection thread exits. If
ns/threads -> maxconns is set to 0, then your connection threads don't have a
limit on how many connections each one can handle and don't exit because
they've serviced a given number of connections. See the NsConnThread function
in queue.c.

/s.