It might be that the Oracle driver doesn't handle those column types. Is there
anything in the AOLserver log? Maybe turn on debug to get more info.

Brian

From: AOLserver Discussion [AOLSERVER@LISTSERV.AOL.COM] On Behalf Of Brad Chick
[b...@chickcentral.com]
Sent: 18 July 2011 16:19
To: AOLSERVER@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject: Re: [AOLSERVER] chinese characters and oracle driver

I don't think it's tcl at this point. I can see that aolserver/tcl can bring
in the unicode characters and return them to the client 'as is'.

And you can see what encoding system tcl is using via this command as well:

[encoding system]

which shows that tcl is using UTF-8, which is what is desired.

As well, I have another stack that has the same architecture, with the
exception of the db/driver:

aolserver 4.51/tcl 8.5/mysql/nsmsql

and that works right out of the box. I can pass in any unicode characters
(e.g. Braille, Farsi, Gaelic, etc.) and everything works. The strings are
put in mysql and pulled out perfectly.

In the oracle case, it's simple to see that it's not the db: with sqlplus, I
can insert/select into/from oracle and everything looks fine.

So, it seems like all that is left is the oracle driver.