The following reply was made to PR general/1983; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: "Aaron St. Pierre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Dean Gaudet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: general/1983: url parsing causing invalid URI
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 12:52:31 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> If it only happens with your configuration then it is a configuration
> problem. And we won't be able to do a thing about it until you can find
> what part of your config actually causes it to happen. You'll need to try
> bits and pieces of your config until you can cause it to happen. I'm
> guessing when you do that you'll find a config mistake. I'd start with
> the rewrite rules.
>
> Dean
>
I have already verified that it is not the rewrite rules (I am sorry I
should have written that) I did this turning rewriting off, after doing
that the same problem exists. More importantly while rewriting was turned
on with debugging the URI that is passed to the rewrite engine is not what
was requested (the /23423423423/index.html , is being translated to
/index.html ) so the /23423423423 is being stripped away. I think this is
wrong. Though that could be related to my lack of understanding of the
underlying design. The main point here being the fact that it isnt the
rewrite rules since the example mentioned above isnt getting rewritten,
and since I have turned it off and the problem persisted.
In anycase I think you are right about the configuration,though
it isnt the rewrite rules I am at a loss for what could be causing this
type of behaviour. I will get a config together that recreates the
problem, and post it ..
thanks
aaron