The following reply was made to PR mod_auth-any/2459; it has been noted by
GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Nakko Mizu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: mod_auth-any/2459: Getting this message: [Wed Jun 17 11:37:04
1998] [notice] httpd: child pid 332 exit signal Segmentation Fault (11) when
trying to access a DBM file
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 10:21:03 -0700 (PDT)

 In your post you mentioned "gdbm", but it's not present on the link line
 below... I suspect you're getting dbm functions from libc, and that you
 may have compiled your 1.2.6 server with -lgdbm.  If that's the case the
 seg faults are expected -- the two dbm libraries use different file
 formats.

 Try adding EXTRA_LIBS=-lgdbm to your Configuration file, reconfiguring and
 recompiling.

 Dean