The full conference time line is far from complete, but the following near
dates are of significance for the coming week:

2012-07-31   A brief version of the sponsorship prospectus
             should be ready to give to/link at for potential
             sponsors so they know how much budget they need
             to commit and can make plans to have key personnel
             in attendance,

2012-07-31   Begin discussions about keynote speakers. These
             people can be key to attracting and audience despite
             the tracked nature of the conference. We can have
             one keynote, several, or none. By the end of the week
             we should have a list of names to approach (and with N
             slots we should not really approach more than N at a time).

2012-08-03   The call for papers ends. Given the short time
             frame in which it was released, I would recommend
             advertising an extension this Monday, so people
             who have been dragging their heels get just an
             extra weekend to submit their proposals.

             We currently have 40 proposals.

             Suggest extension until August 6 (Monday) from
             August 3 (Friday). Two weekend days make a big
             difference to what you can do, but we have to
             announce it in time.

2012-08-10   Content for the full sponsorship prospectus, developed
             from discussions started when producing the draft above,
             should be ready to be fed into the publicity mill.

             Oh, that reminds me, do we *have* a publicity mill?

2012-08-06   Ticket sales are scheduled to start, so we must
             have determined the classes of tickets we plan
             to offer, what discount to offer which classes
             of delegate, policy on speaker reimbursement, and
             so on.

I hope this helps. I am traveling this weekend, and therefore may not be as
responsive as usual (?) to email. Enjoy /your/ weekends.

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden st...@holdenweb.com,  Holden Web, LLC http://holdenweb.com/