Justin:

Cool. We have the Pavilion Lounge

http://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/groups/popup_floor_map.jhtml?ctyhocn=PDXPHHH&floorId=PDXPHHH_PLAZA_LEVEL

You can get some idea of seating capacity at

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/oregon/hilton-portland-and-executive-tower-PDXPHHH/eevents/roomcharts.html

The Pavilion Lounge is a large space that during the conference proper we will
be using as the dining room at lunchtime. The less-than-perfect aspect is that
it only divides into two separate areas (i.e. we can float a wall between the
East and West halves). Better is that it holds a lot of people, so one might
hope there won't be the same overcrowding that occurred at the ApacheCon
hackathon (sorry about that, not much to do with me).

Would you like me to add a free one-day barcamp ticket to the registration
form, and noise it about that you would like people to sign up. [Similarly for
the hackathon if you know anything about it). We need to be nippy about getting
publicity into the PDX (Portland) open source world if you really want to
engage them. I sent a short notice out about a week ago and we plan to follow
it up shortly with a message they can (and, I hope, will) send out to their
members. If you have something you'd like us to include BarCamp and hackathon
details then please let me have them (with a copy to Ashley) before too long.

I've made a start on publicity with http://acna13.crowdvine.com/talks/29144. I
am copying Nick, because he is the barcamp emperor, and Steven Hathaway because
I am hoping he might want to be involved with maintaining the CrowdVine site.
He has made many good suggestions about improving community presence on
CrowdVine, and I figure he's be happy to be involved somehow. That page was my
first response to his latest salvo, but we need community input for it to be
authentic. It could be fleshed out, but I think the wiki is the place to
maintain the narrative, so perhaps we should just link to that.

Please treat this as the start of a dialog. I'm looking forward to meeting you
again in Portland, along with many of the other friends I made at ApacheCon
Europe!

regards
 Steve

On Jan 21, 2013, at 5:22 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:

> Hi Steve (Holden),
>
> I'm helping organise the BarCamp at ACNA 2013 can you give me any info on the
> facilities, such as rooms, room size etc etc we have access to. Once I have
> that info we can start planning, put more info up on the web site(s) and do
> more promotion.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Steve Holden st...@holdenweb.com +1 571 484 6266              @holdenweb

Next event:    ApacheCon NA 2013: Feb 26-28     http://na.apachecon.com/
Community events: Barcamp Feb 24  Hackathon Feb 25   Development Mar 1/2