From: Ignasi Barrera<mailto:n...@apache.org>
Sent: ‎9/‎22/‎2014 2:37 AM
To: apachecon-discuss@apache.org<mailto:apachecon-discuss@apache.org>
Subject: ApacheCon EU city proposals

Hi!

First of all, let me say I'm quite new to ApacheCon and there are many
things about its organization that I ignore. I'll be talking at this
next ApacheCon EU though, so I hope I'll get more familiar with it
soon :)

I'm writing because I've been recently approached by the Association
Meetings & Research Department of my city, Barcelona, and they would
be interested in hosting an ApacheCon EU in the future, on 2016 or
2018. Barcelona is a city with experience hosting events (there's
recently been the MWC and VMWrold), and they would like to host an
open source based event like the ApacheCon.

They're willing to help in everything related to the organization, and
can provide resources, any required materials, coordination with the
authorities and/or companies, provide infrastructure, etc.

I don't know how candidate cities are proposed or if there is a formal
procedure, so I'm just writing to see if this is well received and
something you would want to consider, and, in that case, how should we
proceed or where do we start to make that happen.

Thanks,

Ignasi