Bernard,

There was the idea about a wiki page for using Git with svn commands.
> But I don't se this wiki page, ant that is the kind of information that
> should be inside.

The wiki page on Using Git contains a link to the relevant information:

http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Using_git#Avoiding_git_completely.

The complete guide from the link could be copied into the Wiki if someone
wanted to maintain it.

Interesting. I don't know when it was created

It was deployed late last December. The website/server code itself is
identical
to the code that has been on apertium.org for many years. The only
distinction
on beta.apertium.org is the number of pairs installed on the server.

 No problen to get the list of modules from .gitmodules
> (another thing that should have been written in a wiki page).

I am afraid I cannot document every subtlety of Git on the Apertium Wiki.
Git has its own superb documentation for that. For example, here are the
docs for the submodule feature:

https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Tools-Submodules

More complicated for earlier charges as there is an hour instead of
> the year (and before July there are 2 possible years).

Yes, you are using the human readable version of svn ls rather than the
machine readable version (svn ls --xml) that has uniformly formatted dates.

But I never saw a page speaking about https://beta.apertium.org/
> that may be the reason why I ignored thisq website.

Indeed, there is no dedicated page for the site on the Wiki.

With regards to the source browser, it is intentionally written for new
browsers.
Its new JS syntax would need transpilation for older browser support and
the tooling to support that is complex. As for it requiring scripts to
execute
rather than being built by the server, the intention was to avoid a real
server that
then has to juggle GitHub API keys. This way, the only requirement is a
static
file server which GitHub provides for free (and every modern machine, even
Windows, has built-in). I have no problem with another version being built
for
very old browsers (but am not planning to do so myself).

[image: Sushain Cherivirala]
*Sushain K. Cherivirala *
Stanford University, M.S. in Computer Science '19
Carnegie Mellon University, B.S. in Computer Science '18
(713) 992-4043  <713-992-4043>| www.skc.name