El 2019-07-23 03:32, Jonathan Washington escribió:
Hi everyone,

The recursive transfer GSoC project is progressing nicely, and it's
anticipated that a release will occur at the end of GSoC.  It's very
exciting!

We'd like to add debug mode support to Apertium for recursive
transfer, via the following file:
https://github.com/apertium/apertium/blob/master/apertium/modes2debugmodes.xsl

Debug modes are what you get when you run e.g., "apertium -d .
abc-xyz-morph" or "abc-xyz-biltrans" or the like.

The question is what to call the debug mode.

I've been calling it "-rectransfer" on my own machine while I test the
module this summer.  I see two disadvantages of this name.  First of
all, it's a bit longer and less abbreviated than most names.  Also,
it's a stand-in replacement for the shallow (.t*x) transfer module, so
really it's just "the transfer module" for any pair that uses it (see
http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Pipeline for the updated pipeline).

For this reason, we could just call the mode "-transfer", but maybe
users could get confused if they're using the shallow transfer module
and expecting "-transfer" to work there.  (Perhaps we could set it up
to work for either, regardless?).  Also, there's been some talk of
adding a .t*x file after the recursive transfer module in certain
pairs to make certain things "easier" (definitely subjective and open
for debate), so another mode would be needed in these cases (if anyone
were to ever try to set up a pair in such a way).

So we're opening this issue to discussion.  We'd love to reach some
sort of consensus on this, and community input is crucial to do so.

I like just calling it -transfer, or if you don't want to reuse something
existing, then -xfer.

Fran