Guessing the morphology would definitely require some creativity, but yes a
guessing dictionary could be created. As mentioned, it would assign morphs
to morphological analysis in the TL. The easiest (and the most naive) way
to do this might be to take all the entries with that analysis and find a
common substring. It will be more complex for morphemes that aren't prefix
or suffixes or even process morphemes. However, to work towards a morph
analyser that can assign morphs to analyses sounds like a good goal to work
towards, and eliminating dictionary trimming is an essential step in that
direction.

Tanmai

*Khanna, Tanmai*