**Cut NSA and CIA, raise Social Security
SOURCE/FULL REPORT:>> <http://act.rootsaction.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=9360>

Urge the president and Congress to increase Social Security and cut the Shadow Budget:

As a constituent, I propose this plan for your consideration:

1. Increase Social Security benefits. Pay for the increase by lifting the cap that limits Social Security taxes to the first $113,700 of income, so that everyone pays in at the same rate.

2. Cut the Shadow Budget. Here's a way to save $52.6 billion a year that would make us safer and help restore our civil liberties. The CIA's missiles, the NSA's metadata, and 14 other spy agencies' hostile and intrusive approaches to foreign governments and people's lives must end, as must our tolerance for out-of-control government secrecy.

For much less than $52.6 billion a year, we could end world hunger and provide the globe with clean drinking water. We could put the additional savings into tax cuts for working people, knowing we would be much safer from international hatreds and hostilities than we were with the NSA mass surveillance and the CIA firing missiles at houses.

http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/6503/images/shadow.jpg
SOURCE/FULL REPORT:>> <http://act.rootsaction.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=9360>
=====================================

Video: News Conference on Edward Snowden with Ray McGovern and Coleen Rowley
By davidswanson - Posted on 26 March 2014
http://davidswanson.org/node/4352

http://www.davidswanson.org/sites/davidswanson.org/files/scarry.jpg
Elaine Scarry, who teaches at Harvard University, is the author of The Body in Pain and On Beauty and Being Just. Her writings following 9/11 include Who Defended the Country? and Rule of Law, Misrule of Men. We discuss her new book, Thermonuclear Monarchy: Choosing Between Democracy and Doom.
http://davidswanson.org/node/4338

SEARCH:
APFN American Patriot Friends Network <https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AiOmSrRRDbrMnk._UoUj6yKbvZx4?p=apfn&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-215>

**

APFN-1 YahooGroups:

APFN MSG BOARD:
`In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.'
http://disc.yourwebapps.com/Indices/149495.html

APFN CONTENTS PAGE:
http://www.apfn.org/old/apfncont.htm

APFN TWITTER
http://twitter.com/signup?follow=APFN1

Find elected officials, including the president, members of
Congress, governors, state legislators, local officials, and more.
http://congress.org/congressorg/dbq/officials/

SUPPORT APFN:
PMB 206, 7549 W. CACTUS RD. #104, PEORIA, AZ 85381

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "APFN" group.
to apfn+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.