On 10/09/2014 Hans Zybura wrote:
From: Ariel Constenla-Haile [mailto:arie...@apache.org]
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Extensions/Target_Platform
in fact, setting the platform to anything else
than "all" will fail.
Oh! Since when is this known? Where else is this important piece of
information available? Issue 124783 only says that token macosx_x86_64  will
cause an error and prevent installation. It does not say that one can't use
any other token than "all". - OK, I see now that it follows logically, but
it's not very obvious, isn't it?

Indeed it's not obvious. This must be fixed.

Shouldn't this fact be mentioned very explicitly in the DevGuide? And in the
'Known Issues' part of the Release notes for AOO 4.1 and 4.1.1?

Well, since you now know what's useful to developers, just propose a text and we can add it (the Release Notes for 4.1 contain user-oriented remarks about this but indeed nothing that can help developers).

Or just ask and we will create accounts for you so that you can edit
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Extensions/Target_Platform
and
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1+Release+Notes
accordingly. They are wiki pages and the only reason we restrict their modification is to combat spam.

Regards,
  Andrea.