Got it!!!
I know this is a LO issue, since in AOO all was working fine, but maybe
this info can be useful in here as well.
More similar to a workaround than a real solution, at least it works:
a *gotoStart()
*call was included in the original code and it didn't work, but putting at
the beginning the code to change font and alignment as well as to add page
breaks, before doing everything else, was the solution.
Now all kind of formatting, replacements and insertions are correctly put
in the active document on both AOO 4.1.1 and LO 4.4 .
Thanks to all and best regards,

Fabrizio