On 05/02/2015 08:47 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
On 30/04/2015 Alexandro Colorado wrote:
According to description.xml
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Extensions/Description_of_XML_Elements#Element_.2Fdescription.2Fversion

The following is described: Required. A textual representation of the
extension version. ... I want to confirm the policy and propper use of
the
metadata according to the application.

I think it is simply a string, compared within OpenOffice using a string
comparison (which is not optimal: if you have version "99.0" and version
"100.0", version 100.0 comes before 99.0 since it starts with a "1").

The intent of course is that "100.0" is considered greater than "99.0", and the actual code should also implement that correctly (cf. desktop/qa/deployment_misc/test_dp_version.cxx).

However, I see that "A total order is defined on versions via lexicographical comparison" (<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Extensions/Extension_Versions>) can be mis-interpreted. What is meant is a lexicographical ordering over the alphabet of natural numbers, not digits-and-dots characters.