I note the discussion about the several candidates from Larus.

I have in the last day or so[1] received unsolicited email to my APNIC
contact addresses (harvested from whois, I suspect) both requesting our
vote for Mr Lu Heng, but also advertising an IP address leasing service.

I find this behaviour unacceptable and fear it only adds to the indicators
around the calibre of the organisation that are sponsoring this candidate
(and the others referenced).
Not to mention the use of whois information for commercial purposes
(perhaps disguised or covered as legitimate 'campaigning').

Of course the UCE itself is from another name, so the candidate could plead
'unsanctioned', etc.  But it's guaranteed the sender a permanent spam-block
on my part, i'd never give my vote, or my business, to this sort of
operator.

Mark.

[1] I had to pluck the message out of my spam filter, so it took a bit to
notice it and be curious enough to look closer.