Hi Chris:

*Below are the examples of misinformation, I didn’t reply to you initially
on this subject because it is irrelevant to the discussion here.*

On Mon, 14 Aug 2023 at 17:03 Christopher Hawker <ch...@thesysadmin.dev>
wrote:

> Lu,
>
> I am absolutely gobsmacked at how you can still be hung up on the rhetoric
> that Paul Wilson was the sole director of APNIC for 25 years when it has
> been explained countless times how corporate law works in Australia. While
> yes, on paper according to ASIC records he may have been the sole *formally
> appointed* director of APNIC Pty Ltd, the EC still served (until recently
> changed when they became formally appointed directors) as de facto
> directors, who held the same powers as did Paul. This meant that they still
> had the same legal powers as Paul did. The definition of a *de facto* director
> is "A de facto director is a person who acts in the position of a director
> of a company but has not been officially appointed"[1].
>
> IPv4 address registrations do not have a collective value in excess of 200
> billion dollars. There are currently 3,702,258,176 usable IP addresses
> [2][3]. Based on an average price per-IP of $38.13 USD for a /23
> allocation[4], this calculates to (approximately) $141,167,104,250 USD.
> Yes, while scarcity may play a factor, it is not the sole factor. It all
> comes down to "supply and demand" and some might even argue that this plays
> a higher role in secondary market conditions - more resources than what
> people need, the price drops. Less resources than what people want, and the
> price goes up.

*200B are indicative value, of course actual value move up and down like
any market, you are arguing for the sake of arguing, but not getting the
point.*

> In your remarks regarding AFRINIC, you state that "Its directors violate
> the bylaws and disregard entire membership" isn't provable. If you're going
> to cite an example, do so properly and not just write "Multiple exampes in
> the conduct of AFRINIC elections over the past decade as well as other
> board actions". This significantly decreases your credibility. To use your
> own articles, it wasn't "management", it was one individual who was the
> co-founder and a systems engineer.

*Simply disinformation, Ernest was not a system engineer, he was the senior
policy person report directly to the CEO.*

*While there is no official ranking among AFRINIC staff members, his
seniority and the fact he is working as part of CEO office often he being
seen as No.2 of the company.*

Further, making remarks such as "the ex-CEO even claims to have power to
> monitor the entire continent's internet and police its content" and
> referencing back to your own website (the home page of all places) is
> laughable. Please provide proper and impartial references to websites not
> owned or under the control of you or retract your remarks. Nothing on Cloud
> Innovation's website can be trusted.

*Cloud innovation website shows original letter sent by AFRINIC a request
monitoring all it’s IPs and report monitoring data back to AFRINIC, link
provided below:*

*https://regmedia.co.uk/2023/03/26/supplied_afrinic_to_ci_letter_27_aug_2021.pdf
<https://regmedia.co.uk/2023/03/26/supplied_afrinic_to_ci_letter_27_aug_2021.pdf>*

*You yet again separating disinformation.*

> I don't believe it's just some people here that blame you for what is
> going on with AFRINIC, I believe it's a rather large group of people. I say
> I believe because I cannot speak for others, and I do not represent to do
> so. Likening what happened to AFRINIC being your fault to a doctor
> identifying cancer is such a poor analogy. Again, nothing you share can be
> accepted or believed without third-party independent verification due to
> your track record.

*Who make you the god to demand members not to accept or believe what
shared.*

*I can say the exact same about you, just in this letter, you have
demonstrated nothing said by you is true.*

> You claim that Eddy Kayihura wanted you to do three things:
>
>    1. "Report every change in IP usage and rejustify each time,"
>
> Requesting justification from time to time for IP resource usage is common
> practice with RIRs. This is to ensure that they are still being used in
> line with the original justification stated. I highly doubt that AFRINIC
> would request usage down to a per-IP level and if they were to do so, I
> would only expect this to occur if they were conducting due diligence on
> your justification due to suspected false or lack of information being
> provided.

*No. AFRINIC request down to per IP level, original request can be find in
cloud innovation site.*

*You don’t think in face of FACT.*

>    1. "Use IP addresses within the AFRINIC Service Region"
>
> Eddy Kayihura's reliance on clause 6.1 of the AFRINIC Bylaws
> (Constitution) 2020 is valid. When you (via Cloud Innovation Ltd) became a
> member of AFRINIC, you agreed to be bound by its corporate constitution and
> by-laws. Clause 6.1 clearly reads "Subject to the other provisions of this
> Article, membership shall be open to: any Person who is ... providing
> services in the African region"[5]. I've cited the by-laws that were in
> place when your delegations were issued and show you are in clear breach.
> To further solidify this argument, you also agreed to the current by-laws
> as they stand when they were amended back in December 2016. Your use of IP
> resources outside of the AFRINIC service region is in clear breach of the
> by-laws you agreed to.

*First, management of IP address is outside of prerogative a RIR, certainly
outside a bylaw, since bylaw are not made by the community, it should have
no rights to say where IP to be used.*

*Secondly, even we by this bylaw, it only require member located in the
service region and provide service in the service region, it does not,
require member provide service exclusively in the region.*

*Cloud innovation located in the service region and proving service in the
service region.*

*So you are again separate disinformation.*

>    1. "Monitor every host in its IP range and report past 5 years of
>    monitoring data to AFRINIC"
>
> I don't believe this in any way, shape or form. No RIR would require a
> member to monitor, and record said monitoring data and supply it to an RIR
> on demand. I'd like to see some form of documentary evidence of this taking
> place. Again, your track record in knowingly and intentionally sharing
> false information doesn't help you. You also must have a thing about poor
> analogies, I can't see how comparing a water company threatening to cut
> supply if you don't install a camera in your bedroom, to an RIR recovering
> resource holdings for failure to provide information. Perhaps if the water
> company was asking for proof that you had installed water-saving devices in
> your home otherwise they would cut supply would seem like a more reasonable
> analogy, but where do cameras come into it? See how laughable it is?
>
> I don't think it's just AFRINIC that claimed you took 6.2m IP addresses
> away from the AFRINIC service region. The claims have been substantiated
> through the current locations in which they are being announced. I am of
> the view (as I am sure many others would be too) that you knowingly
> received the resources with the intention to use them in another service
> region. In your remarks, you stated that Cloud Innovation has brought into
> the AFRINIC service region "at least one additional /8". Would you care to
> elaborate on the origins of said resources? Further, based on pricing from
> your own website, you appear to profit anywhere between $50,734,300.16 and
> $80,329,441.28 USD from introducing an alleged /8 into the AFRINIC service
> region. Even by reducing those figures by 25% and that's still a
> substantial amount. So please, quit with the "I'm helping the community"
> storyline. It's got holes in it so big one could fit 8 freight trains
> through side by side...

*I never deny my wealth, but it has no relevance to you or the subject in
discussion. *

*Being rich is not a crime, and in fact if all your problem with me hence
consist shifting away from topic in discussion just because of your
jealousy, I would simply suggest you work hard in your life and over come
this mental problem.*

*As for bring in IP into afrinic region, it’s quite simple, afrinic gets
all it’s IP from IANA based on need provided by its members, by bring in
afrinic additional 6 million Need, afrinic therefore be able to justify
additional /8 allocation from IANA.*

*It’s simply how global allocation works.*

> The NRO did not request the Mauritian Supreme Court to "basically, to
> treat it legally as a part of the government" or to "give it immunity
> status". In an open letter[6] to The Hon. Alan Ganoo (being the Minister
> of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and International Trade) and The
> Hon. Maneesh Gobin (being the Attorney General) posted to the NRO website
> and signed by Paul Wilson, John Curran, Oscar Robles and Hans Petter Hollen
> stated "AFRINIC has repeatedly asked for recognition from Mauritius of
> it as an international organization". I don't know how you derived what
> you said from what they wrote. It's simply incomprensible by any
> right-minded person.

*Again disinformation.*

*NRO’s request to be international organization later revealed by Mauritius
government’s rejection letter to afrinic to be based on a specific law in
Mauritius for UN organizations, in that law specifically mentioned ITU.*

*https://www.nrs.help/post/is-afrinic-going-to-become-a-specialized-agency-of-the-united-nation
<https://www.nrs.help/post/is-afrinic-going-to-become-a-specialized-agency-of-the-united-nation>*

*Original document can be found above.*

> The world as we know it, does not have a single internet. It is derived of
> many different nations, many different networks, many different operators,
> who each play a unique and vital role in maintaining the internet that it
> is today. To state that we have a single internet is false in every
> particular. RIR leaders (be it the relevant councils for each RIR, the
> equivalent persons to APNIC's Director-General, whomever you choose to pick
> today) have not, and I highly doubt will ever, start seeking immunity from
> their relevant governments.

*Eddy has done it as public document, and the other four helped him.*

*They failed, never the less, they tried.*

> Onto your "Market 101"...
>
> I find it hard to believe that you have AI which can detect if I have a
> "very good network without much abuse". I too, can create a script that can
> look at RBLs (provided I have consent to use a script in such a manner from
> the RBL operators) and slap an AI sticker on it.

*We have no intention to market it, since it’s more of checks for **customers,
while I won’t going to technical details of it, but it’s not complicated
with existing open source model training by our extensive data.*

*AI or not cloud innovation range still maintains one of lowest abuse rate
among similar size network.*

*And again how’s it even relevant to the discussion here.*

If you intend on stating that there are companies out there who are indeed
> stockpiling IP resources, don't you think it's in the best interests of the
> internet to call them out? Surely for someone who is in support of a "free
> internet" you go against what these people are doing and will call them out
> for doing so.

*No, I don’t think so.*

*Anyone with sufficient knowledge of the market knows who they are, it’s
not secret, it’s very obvious actually.*

*And I don’t believe free internet has anything to do with market
behaviors, in fact, free market allows people to buy even stockpile things
they want, it is part of free internet.*

*As i explained in my last letter, I see nothing wrong with their behavior
in a free internet with free market, in fact their behavior might even
eventually accelerate the deployment of IPv6. *

Kind regards.
Lu