Hi Elvis,

ARIN and RIPE have specific facilities for members to advertise need *and*
availability of space. ARIN has Specified Transfer Listing Service and RIPE
has its Transfer Listing Service.

APNIC only has its pre-approval list, with a means to contact those listed,
so I guess that really serves the function of advertising need.

But APNIC doesn't really have a facility for advertising space for sale, and
so by default this list acquired that function.

I did not read into the charter's description anything prohibiting postings
which advertise space available for sale, and I always figured that would be
its primary function. But it's interesting to see the charter language, and
it could be the intent was to be more discussion-based than
advertising-based.

We have not used it much but I don't have a problem with the advertising. I
just think this list is not used much by market participants, same as ARIN
STLS is not used much.

Regards,

Mike