Hi everyone,

I'm a seasoned Linux administrator but I have little prior experience
with AppArmor.  FWIW, I already have asked this question on the
SuperUser StackExchange web site this afternoon [1],  but it received
little interest, and I now have little hopes to have an answer there.

Our Linux Debian boxes have a standard policy for the Thunderbird
email client in `/etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.thunderbird`

One user needs Thunderbird to have read access to the files stored in
his `${HOME}/signature.d/` folder. Is there a way to create a
user-specific profile that _includes_ the default profile settings,
but granting extra access the the needed files? I didn't find any
reference about that particular use case, and my first attempts were
unsuccessful. But I can't say if my syntax was wrong, of if this
wasn't possible at all. Here what I tried:

```
$ cat "${HOME}/.apparmor.d/usr.bin.thunderbird"

#include </etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.thunderbird>

profile thunderbird @{thunderbird_executable} {
  owner @{HOME}/.signature.d/** r,
}

$ sudo systemctl restart apparmor

```

This doesn't seem to change anything. At such point I don't think the
user-specific profile is read at all. Could you help me fixing that?

Thanks a lot,
- - Sylvain Leroux

[1]
https://superuser.com/questions/1516181/configure-apparmor-to-allow-file-access-on-a-per-user-basis