Foundation Plant Services at UC Davis provides such a service -
http://fps.ucdavis.edu/dnamain.cfm  -

let us know how this works with your patent application - I doubt it will
substitute for any of the phenological observations that are required, but if
they allow it to remain as part of the application I don’t see the downside to
having it in the record - it’s labor intensive and a bit frustrating to have to
use the form developed nearly 100 years ago to demonstrate the uniqueness of a
variety when we have this technology that can do it definitively and cheaply -

David Doud - grower, Indiana -