Hi there...I've been trying to get this posted onto your site. I don't
believe it went through as expected as I recieved a Mail Delivery Failure
notice. Can you help...sorry I am not very tech savvy. Caryn

Job Opportunity - Pest Control Manager - Central Virginia

Joe Produce Search is working with a commercial farm in Virginia to help
them find a Pest Control Manager that has experience making recommendations
and decisions on what chemicals to use on their apples (60%),
peaches/nectarines (40%) and wine grapes. This is a great opportunity for
someone who wants to use their tree fruit knowledge in a real world,
production environment. Company will provide relocation assistance.

Job Description:

We are a family owned and operated grower/packer/shipper of fresh apples,
peaches and nectarines. Our family has operated our farms for over 100
years and it’s not uncommon to see three generations working together
during the summer months!

We are currently searching for a full-time person to manage and administer
our spray program. We are not just looking for another employee, we need
someone with a strong work ethic and the skills to match! We like to work
hard, get along and treat everyone with respect and authenticity. We’re
ideally looking for someone who makes this their last career move and grows
long-term with our operation.

In this role, you will work closely with a Partner and Owner as you make
daily decisions involving which chemicals are most appropriate for each
crop, while implementing IPM and economic factors in the decision making
process. We use environmentally friendly integrated pest management
practices with timed interventions to minimize the amount of spraying
needed for quality fruit in our humid climate. Candidates should have
extensive knowledge and experience in pest control involved in the growing
of high quality apples and peaches.
Responsibilities & Duties:

   - Scouts orchards and monitor crops for insect pests and plant diseases.
   - Monitor weather and degree days relating to insect’s pests and plant
   diseases.
   - Be onsite to administer the spray program and answer questions from
   applicators.
   - Work with staff and senior management to accomplish all tasks.
   - Insure compliance with all applicable government agencies.
   - Other duties as assigned.

Requirements:

   - 1-3 years’ experience operating or managing a spray program on apples
   or peaches with a history of success.
   - Ability to be dynamic in a fast-paced environment.
   - Self-starter, independent personality, ability to multi-task and
   manage both short and long-term goals.
   - Exceptional computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel
   - Great organization with excellent planning and scheduling abilities.
   - Bilingual in Spanish is a plus!

To apply, please send your resume to ca...@joeproduce.com. Please feel free
to contact me for more details and information at 916-365-9881.
Caryn Wong
Executive Search Consultant
Joe Produce Search, Granite Bay, CA