Many people in the apple production community knew him:

Pierre Philion, agronomist, died at 77, on Friday, September 1, 2017.

Growing apples was his life. He left us a few days before harvest, like mature
fruit waiting to be picked. In our family, the apple production cycle dictated
our lives. This time won’t be any different. We will spend the harvest time
with him close to our hearts, before a last goodbye.

Funerals will be held after the apple season at the catholic church of his
hometown of Hemmingford, Québec on Saturday, October 14. The family will be
present at 9h30, ahead of the ceremony at 11h00.