SWD has been found in intact peaches in NY this year. Infestation levels are
low. Growers are using insecticides. I have sampled 10 varieties. Sampled
prunes this week; nothing found with salt float, now waiting rearing results.
Sampling one peach variety after harvest was completed showed the level of
infestation went up as the variety softened on the tree.
I sampled intact peach drops some years back and found about 1/3 of the
Drosophila reared out were SWD.
SWD was early and very bad in NY. Tart cherries significantly affected on at
least 3 farms.
Juliet Carroll
NYS IPM
Cornell University

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 18, 2017, at 1:12 PM, Glen Koehler