Kurt- Apples will begin freezing at about 28F- if the event is 4 hours or
longer significant damage will occur.

Fruit that experienced only a mild (~28°F or above) freeze of short duration
(less than 4 hours) may recover and be perfectly salable, but should not be
considered candidates for long-term storage. If this is the case, wait until
the fruit thaws out the next day before harvesting.

Note: Temperatures in the low 20’s and teens will make the fruit unsalable.
I have been guiding the growers I work with in NJ, NY and PA to have all fruit
harvested by Friday pm if they wish to sell it.

See Penn State- https://extension.psu.edu/handling-of-frozen-apples
and Extension- https://ask.extension.org/questions/157126

Win Cowgill
Professor Emeritus, Rutgers, the State University
Visiting Scholar, UMASS-Amherst
CEO- Win Enterprises International, LLC
Editor Horticultural News
PO Box 143