Seems my previous attempt never reached the listserv:

I entirely agree with Kari (Hi Kari!),

The Terminal bud is the best solution for stopping fire blight. Once growth
stops, you don’t have to worry about hail or anything else.

So at this point, I would also recommend waiting after harvest. You could
consider keeping your picking staff an extra few days to clean up the fire
blight if that’s possible.

When trees are actively growing, different story:

Quick Pruning is extremely useful when the first symptoms appear. We consider
cleaning shears a hassle. It just slows down operations without measurable
benefit.

Making sure pruning crews are aware that they CAN spread the disease if they
are careless is much more useful than sterilizing.

Vincent Philion, agr., M.Sc.
Microbiologiste/Phytopathologiste (pomiculture)

Institut de recherche et de développement en agro-environnement
Research and Development Institute for the Agri-Environment

www.irda.qc.ca<http://www.irda.qc.ca/>

Centre de recherche
335, Rang des Vingt-Cinq Est
Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville (Québec)  J3V 0G7

vincent.phil...@irda.qc.ca<mailto:vincent.phil...@irda.qc.ca>

Bureau: 450 653-7368 poste 350
Cellulaire: 514-623-8275
Skype: VENTURIA
Télécopie: 450 653-1927

Verger expérimental
330, Rang des vingt-cinq Est
Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville (Québec)  J3V 4P6
Téléphone et télécopieur : 450 653-8375
Local pesticide: 450-653-7608

Fiers héritiers du travail des frères Saint-Gabriel:
http://arboretum8gabrielis.wordpress.com<http://arboretum8gabrielis.wordpress.com/>