Phytophthora is what I thought when I saw those pictures, although I’ve also
had fireblight infect susceptible rootstocks with similar appearance.  I had
big problems with Phytophthora in my orchard in Tennessee.  Particularly in wet
years.  It also got better when we stopped using overhead sprinkler irrigation
(horrible irrigation decision for middle TN climate).  Virtually everything I
planted on M26 and MM106 died over a stretch of years.  I ended up converting
entirely to resistant Geneva rootstocks.  Inspecting/peeling the bark at the
bottom of the trunk and the roots roots helped me differentiate between
fireblight and cold injury as outlined here:
http://treefruit.wsu.edu/crop-protection/disease-management/phytophthora/
<http://treefruit.wsu.edu/crop-protection/disease-management/phytophthora/> and
here https://ipm.illinois.edu/diseases/rpds/812.pdf
<https://ipm.illinois.edu/diseases/rpds/812.pdf> .

Randy Steffens
Shepherd’s Valley Orchard and Farms (past manager)
Tennessee