In Michigan, We use the bloom date and temperatures following bloom model to
predict apple harvest.
We also test apples for soluble solids and starch conversion to predict
storability and help with marketing.
You can access this information at
http://web1.msue.msu.edu/fruit/ripeapple.htm

Our season is about 10 days to two weeks early but some varieties are
harvesting out of the normal order.
During our weekly conference call we were wondering why, and if the warm
summer affected some varieties more than others.

Note New Address and Phone Number!
Mark Longstroth
SW Michigan District Fruit Educator
Van Buren County MSU Extension